As a David Ross Education Trust academy we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world. Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
At Endike Academy we strive to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum which offers children opportunities to broaden their horizons and improve their experiences via a wide range of enrichment opportunities.
In the first half of the Spring Term children have had the following enrichment opportunities:
- Invention writing day
- Radio Humberside interviews
- Inspirational poetry events and workshops from children's favourite, Paul Cookson
- Horizons Sports Programme events
- Greatest Showman dance workshops and performance
- Netball masterclass delivered by Loughborough Lightning captain and England Roses player Natalie Panagarry
- Netball tournaments
- M&M Theatre Production of 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Visits to Pizza Express
- Cross country events
- Bocca festival
- Dodgeball tournaments
- Children's University events
To find out more about these great events, please visit our school Twitter page.
The DRET Team
We have a team in place to fulfill our aims and provide opportunities for pupils.
Sport: Shane Ward & Alex Green
Cultural: Jamie Healy
To contact us please call Head office: 01476 566 801